If this is your first time joining us you will love it. It features Close to my hearts Consultants from all over Canada showing you their projects. The hearts of the west was founded by Nancy Klein.
This months challenge is Scaredy Cat paper pack, brought to you by the new Annual Inspirations, hand picked from Nancy Klein.
If you came from Justine Hovey - http://www.justinehovey.com/2014/09/hearts-of-west-blog-hop-scaredy-cat.html.... Then you're in the right place, this is a go around blog hop so you can start anywhere! Just in case, the full list will be at the bottom. So, as always, grab your coffee, tea, water, relax, and hop around the team with us.
For this month blog challenge I decided to make a Halloween recessed window card and a matching treat holder. Halloween is my favourite holiday next to Christmas!!
The directions for the window card are posted on here in an older post if you are wondering how to make this card.
Once I had the card base made I cut 4 panels at 51/8" x 3/4" to go on the front of the card base. For the center of the card, I just cut the haunted house out of the printed paper in the paper pack. I used the Artbooking cart make the spiderweb fame, which I cut at 10". I then added some black glitter to the spiderweb, which is hard to see in my pictures. I also used the Artbooking cart to cut out the bats. I used 3D foam tape to pop up the bats and I also added some purple glitter to the bats. The flowers where made by using the Artiste Cart and the Thistle paper cut at 3 1/4", 3" and 2 3/4". I inked the edges of the flowers with black ink and spritzed them with water and than rolled them up. I also added a little purple glitter to the center of each flower. The leaves where also cut using the Artiste carts and I used my embossing tool to give them some shape.
I cut a piece of printed paper at 4" x 4" and added a piece of 3" x 3" colonial white paper that I stamped the Happy Halloween in Thistle ink. The stamp is a retired one called Backdrop-Charmed. I inked the edges of the colonial white paper in Thistle ink.
I then decided to make a bat treat holder to match. I cut the bat from the Artiste cart at 5 1/4" and cut a liner from the printed paper at 5'. I inked the bat with white ink and then I ink the inside bat with black ink.
I cut the bat liner on the folded edges before I glued it to the inside. I added a black hoop and hook to help keep the wings closed.
I stamped on the circle with black ink using a stamp from the Magic Potions set. I cut a 1 3/4" black circle to place in the middle. The ghost and the happy haunting is from the Frightfully Fun stamp set. I also added some flowers which I inked with white ink.
Your next stop is http://annasscraps.blogspot.ca/2014/09/october-hearts-of-west-team-blog-hop.html
Thanks for joining us this month and come back next month to see what crafty projects we can bring to you! Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment.
Here is the complete list:
Nancy Klein's - http://nancyklein.blogspot.ca/2014/09/hearts-of-west-team-october-blog-hop.html
2. Chantal Pearson's - http://www.itsahoot.ca/2014/09/hwbh-october.html
3. Janet McCormick - http://worksofheart2011.blogspot.ca/2014/09/are-you-scaredy-cat.html
4. Donna Thomson-Digby - http://datsmystyledj.blogspot.ca/2014/09/october-6-x-6-calendar-layout.html
5. Justine Hovey - http://www.justinehovey.com/2014/09/hearts-of-west-blog-hop-scaredy-cat.html...
6. Jackie Vandaele - http://jackievandaele.blogspot.ca/2014/09/welcome-to-hearts-of-west-team-blog-hop.html
7. Anna Miller - http://annasscraps.blogspot.ca/2014/09/october-hearts-of-west-team-blog-hop.html
8. Linda Pekrul - http://blueskyscrapping.blogspot.ca/2014/09/october-hearts-of-west-blog-hop.html
9. Holly Young-Bowers - http://heartfeltmemories2.blogspot.ca/2014/09/october-hearts-of-west-blog-hop.html
10. Sonia Parent St Jean - http://www.scrappingsonia.blogspot.ca/2014/09/hearts-of-west-october-blog-hop.html
11. Chelsey Vorosmarty - http://www.personaltouchscrapbooking.com/2014/09/october-hearts-of-west-blog-hop.html
12. Julie Kerr - http://jewelspapergems.blogspot.ca/2014/09/hearts-of-west-team-blog-hop.html
13. Heather Myers - http://hlmyers.blogspot.ca/2014/09/hearts-of-west-october-blog-hop.html
14. Kerry Hammel - http://scrapbookfunbykerry.blogspot.ca/2014/09/october-hearts-of-west-team-blog-hop.html
Thanks for stopping by!!!