Friday 18 July 2014

Another Banner!

   Good morning everyone! I hope everyone  has been enjoying the cooler weather this past week. I know I have! Great weather for yard work and crafting. This week I managed to get lots of both done and just in time to get a last minute order for some banners for a friends wedding. Which I will share  with you when I get them done. Today I plan on sharing a banner I was asked to make for a baby girl who spend the first 3 months or so in the hospital. I was asked to make it girly and I hope this is girly enough for them.






   I used the foamcore board yet again to make this banner. I love this stuff as its light weight and very easy to use. No nails required! I used my trusty hot knife to cut the foamcore board and sanded the edges for  nice smooth edges. I cut each banner piece at 5 1/2" and embossed  each piece with the big shot. I also   backed each piece  in an coordinating colour and embossed them as well. I decided to to a light sanding after I embossed each piece to give it that distressed look. 























   I used my CTMH cricut carts to cut the letters, flowers, leaves, swirls and butterflies. The paper and ribbon are not CTMH products. In the next few pictures you can see the embossing and detail a little better. 














      I you may have noticed I make lots of banners and I LOVE to make them. I get asked to make these all them time and I seem to give them as baby shower gifts. Banners are very easy to coordinate  with theme's, colours baby's name that you may not be able to get in stores. 
   Thanks for stopping today and I will be sharing another banner next but for a boy who is a little older. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment