Saturday 19 January 2019

Love is in the Air!

I’ve always loved to decorate for different times of the year,  but Valentines was never one I’ve done before. So I thought why not, new crafty room, New Year, new adventurer, so why not! For  this banner I’ve used my favourite - foam core board! Light weight and can be cut into endless shapes. I used my wood burning kit that has a little knife that heats up to cut my board.



Once I cut them all out I sanded each one with sand paper and an nail file.
I cut out 7”  triangle panel pieces on the cricut using the Art Philosophy cartridge and I cut an scalloped triangle to put in the back.  I cut 3 front pieces in Blush cardstock and 3 in a printed paper. The scalloped triangle I cut from Colonial White cardstock. I cut 1/8” strips of  Blush paper to cover the edges of each panel. I inked all the edges of the triangles with Sugarplum ink and glued them to the foam core board.



I then cut out rosettes from the Artise cartridge in the Blush and printed paper. I inked those edges in Sugarplum as well.  I cut roses from the Artise cartridge in 2” and 2 1/2”. I inked them in Sugarplum and then used the Blush Shimmer brush on the edges. I used dollies on 3 panels that I used both gold and clear shimmer brushes on the edge. I used a really wide sheer ribbon on the Blush panels.







I added a crochet ribbon and them Pom Pom ribbon on the top using hot glue.  I cut the letters out of gold glitter cardstock using the Art philosophy cartridge. I hot glued everything each panel as I wanted it to last but you could also use liquid glass. I used my pokey tool to put holes in the top
corner of each panel so I could use 2 pieces of sheer cream ribbon to tie each panel together. It was very difficult to get the holes in the crocheted ribbon, have to be very careful and make sure the hole is large enough without being to big. 














I’m so very happy with how this banner turned out. I think it will stay up way past Valentine’s Day. Thanks fir stopping by!















No comments:

Post a Comment