Tuesday 29 April 2014

Boys Birthday!

   Good morning everyone. It's such a dull rainy days here, which means its a great crafty day!!! Today I'm going to share with you a birthday day card I made for my exchange group. The theme for the month was buttons and this stamp set from CTMH just screamed buttons!




    For the card base I used my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut a 51/2" round card base from whisper white card stock. I used a scalloped punch and punched the edge of a piece of scrap paper to make a template for the clouds. I inked the clouds on the card base with 2 different colours of blue ink (outdoor denim and crystal blue). To achieve the look of clouds, you just need to move the punched paper randomly on the card base. There are many video's on youtube showing how to make clouds. 
   I then decided to cut another circle in Kraft cardstock and cut it to look like hills of dirt. I stamped the kraft paper with the Distressed Background from CTMH. I used coca and chocolate inks. I was trying to go for the look of dirt and mud. The dump truck is also a CTMH stamp set called Fast and Furious. I stamped the truck three different times in 3 different colours. I paper pieced the truck together and used 3D foam tape to pop up the truck, I used liguid glass to glue the buttons on for the wheels. I also used buttons for the rocks and dirt. The only problem with using buttons on one side of the card was it was a little of balance. So I decided to stamp the stop sign add it to a tooth pick. I then added some more buttons to the bottom to help even out the weight of the card. 
   I plan on making this card for a girl, as girls do like to play with trucks too! I'm always looking for other ways to use my stamps. Like I think I'm going to make this into a Christmas card for kids.Will post pictures next week as I plan on starting my Christmas cards this weekend. Well that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by. 


   




No comments:

Post a Comment