Monday 16 June 2014

Happy Father's Day!

   Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. Been very busy the last few weeks planning and attending our last 2 scouting camps of the year. Now that those are over and scouting is done until September I can get back to crafting.
   Today I will share he Father's Day card I made for my CCE group on FB. The theme was anything manly, so I a card that could be used for any occasion. I chose to use this card for Father's Day.
  
                                                          


   For the card base I used black cardstock. I used CTMH Buttercup cardstock for the first layer. I then cut another piece of Buttercup and used it for the sunset. To make the sun, I punched a circle out of a sticky note, making sure that you have the sticky edge on the edge of the circle. Once you have he circle placed where you want, go ahead and sponge the sunset. I used CTMH creme brulee, buttercup, goldrush and sunset ink. I start from the top with the lightest colour, and work my way to the bottom of the paper and  layer with the next darkest colour and so on until you have the look you want.
   For the mountains, I used outdoor denim, a metallic black and black cardstock. I used School Plantin Cricut cartridge to cut the mountains and the trees for the backround. I used a brown metallic paper for the trees using Dee's Distinctively Die called branch set 1. I also used  a Dee's die called Deer 1 and Deer 2 to cut the deer from black glitter paper. I stamped the simple life in black ink and inked the edges with the same colours I used for the sunset and layered it with black cardstock. I used 3D foam tape to pop up the banner. I used the buttercup for the inside of the card.
  I had lots of fun making this card and I hope that my Dad and my hubby like their's. Well that's all for today. Tomorrow  I will share the birthday card I was asked to make. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment