Tuesday 17 June 2014

Pretty in Pink

   Today I will be sharing the card that my cousin asked me to make for her grandma. I have never met this lady but I have been told she loves my cards, flowers and the colour pink. So pink and cream is what I went with and flowers of coarse.











   For the base of the card I used colonial white cardstock. I cut the card base  on the circut using the Art Philosophy cartridge at 5 1/4". I also cut 2 more of the card bases a 5 1/4"  using paper from the Lollydoodle paper pack. I only used the front of the card bases and cut them down to 5" square. I glued the the lollydoodle on the front and on the inside. 
   I used the Happy Birthday stamp that came with the Art Philosophy cart on the inside and I used a bitty sparkle for the dot on the i. 
   I also used the same card to make the flowers. I used the colonial white for the daisy like flowers. I cut some of the daisy like flowers smaller and in pink to use for he center of each flower I also added a small pearl to the inside of the one Daisy. The roses are a light pink with a dark pink center. To  make the 2 tone flowers you just need to cut 2 different sizes. I rolled the largest flower and then rolleed the smaller one and add it to the center of the larger one. I love the effect this gives. You can make the daisy look like Black Eyed Susan by using yellow cardstock with a black center. 
   I used some off white organza ribbon and then I added the flowers. I also added some retired CTMH paper butterflies on the front. 
  Well I hope that she loves this card as much as the others that I have made for her. Well that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment