Monday 2 June 2014

Pop- Up Box Card



   I would like to say Thanks to everyone who stopped by to check out my blog and all the other amazing creations made by some very talented ladies!!! You ladies ROCK!!
   Today I'm sharing the card I made for my youngest son's 11th birthday. My son is a huge lover of cars and trucks, basically anything  with 4 wheels and is big! So I made him a box card with a Monster truck. I got the directions for this card from Splitcoasterstampers. I will post the video on how to make this card at the bottom.




   I used CTMH ProPlayer paper, slate cardstock and white cardstock. 
   For the top panels  of the card I cut 6 pieces of solid cardstock at 2 5/8" x  2 5/8" , and 6 pieces of printed paper at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". I cut 2 panels of solid cardstock at 2 5/8"  x  6  1/4"  and 2 pieces of printed paper at 2 1/2" x 6 1/8". For the bottom panels I cut 3 panels of solid cardstock at 2 5/8" x 3 5/8" and I cut 3 panels of printed paper at 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". All sides should have paper on them  but the bottom 3 panels inside. 
  Once you have all the panels in place go a head a glue the box together  ( the small strip) than you can add the 1" x 4 3/4" pieces you cut earlier to the inside of the card. Glue the folded ends to the sides of you card. 
  Once you have all this done you can decorate your card.  The stamps I used are CTMH sest called: Cruisin, Fast and Furious and Maximum Power. I used acetate or clear plastic package works to make the stamps stand up.  I used 3D foam tape on the Fast and Furious to make it pop up.

 Here is the video for complete directions. 

  My son just love this card for his birthday! I thought this card would be difficult but it was really very easy to make.Well thanks for stopping and checking out what I've been up to!
                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment