Wednesday 7 May 2014

Banners

   Hi everyone. Today I'm going to share a baby banner that I was asked to make for a friend. I have made lots of these over the last year for friends and family. I love to make these almost more than cards. This one is a jungle themed , which seems to be the choice of themes this year, even for girls.




   This banner is made from foam core board and paper. I find that using just paper alone, doesn't make for a long lasting banner. The paper curls and bends out of shape to fast.  By using the foam core board, it last way longer and lays flat against the wall. It is also very light weight so you don't need nails to hang them on the wall. All I use is  command strips to hang them. 
   For this banner I cut the banner pieces using my cricut and the CTMH Art Philosophy cart. I cut them a 5 1/2" and than I embossed each piece of paper. To cut the foam core board, I use a hot knife that comes in a  wood burning  kit. You can use a sharp knife, but the cut edge doesn't come out as smooth. By using the hot knife you only have to sand the edges a little. 
  Once you have all that done, you can go a head and glue the embossed paper to the front and back of each panel. I cut a strip of brown paper to cover the cut edge of these panels. This just gives it a finished edge but you could also use ribbon if you want. 






   

   After the edges are covered you can go ahead a start to decorate each panel. I used my Create A Critter and Create a Critter 2 carts to cut out the jungle animals. I also used Boys Will Be Boys cart to cut out the lizards and snakes. I used a small punch to make the flowers and the butterflies.




   Once you have decorated each panel the way you want, you will need to punch small holes in each corner for the ribbon. I made the holes using my piercing tool from CTMH. I used a piece of ribbon in each hole and then tied them together to get a nice bow. 





   
  This banner was one of the biggest ones I've made so far and it did really turn out amazing. I know the person to whom this is going to will love it!!  I have 4 more banners to make over the next 3 months and will share them as completed.
   Thanks for stopping by today and I hope everyone has a great day!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment