Wednesday 28 May 2014

Hostess Thank You's.

   Well as I mentioned yesterday, I will be sharing the Thank You card that I will be giving my hostess for having a CTMH home gathering. I decided that this card would have pocket inside to hold a little something extra, such a Petite Perks stamp. You could also make into a card to hold a gift card for any occasion that you need.






 


For this card I used a piece of 12" x 4" Skylark  for the inside of this card. You score the paper at 4" and 8". I used my Martha Stewart score board to make the score lines.  To make the triangle on each end you will need to score a line on the diagonal from  the bottom left corner to the top (inside)  of the 4" score line.You will need to do the same on the other end starting with the top outside corner going on the diagonal to the inside corner of the 8" score line.
   This video from Splitcoastsampers shows step by step instruction on how to do this. I used this video to help make my card but with a few changes of my own.


           
                                   



   I wanted a pocket on this card, so I glued the bottom of the triangle and folded it over to make the pocket on the inside.  I added some CTMH Lagoon paper and white cardstock to the inside of the card. I also used the Believe in Yourself stamp set to stamp in the corner of white cardstock.  Add  this before you glue the triangle, as I decided to add this after and it can be a bit  more fussy to get it straight.  For the front of the card I used my CTMH  Art Philosophy cart to cut the small scalloped circle at 2" that I stamped on  and the Lagoon scalloped circle at 2 1/4".  The Thanks stamp is from the It's Your Day stamp set that comes with the Cricut Art Philosophy set. I used 3D foam tape to pop-up the center scallop. The piece of chevron paper comes from the edges of the Skylark paper. I added that strip of paper to help open and close the card. I then stamped the dragonfly in Lagoon ink  with the stamp from the Skylark WOTG kit. I stamped the dragonfly 3 times and stacked them to give it a 3D look. I added some yellow glitter glue to the wings. I added a piece of 4" 1/2 x 4 1/2" Lagoon paper to the back of the card to give it some more colour. 
   This card was fun to make and I got to use my favourite paper pack  from CTMH. If you are interested in any of the supplies used in this card, you can click on the link up top to have a look at my OBA. Thanks for stopping by today.!

No comments:

Post a Comment