Tuesday 13 May 2014

Birthday Card

  I'm not sure if anyone else has had this happen but it always seem to happen at this house. We are coming home last night from Cub Scouts and my son Zach says to me, " Mom, I need a card for my teacher for her birthday and it's tomorrow"! Well, I just kinda of look at him, not to sure if he joking or not. Well he's not joking. Lucky for him that keep a small box of cards that I made but have not put a sentiment in them, just for those last minute "Mom I need.....
 



   This is one of most favourite stamps sets. This flower stamp is by Flourishes and the bird is a Stampin Up stamp. I stamped the flower image on watercolour paper and watercoloured it. I absolutely love to colour, wither it is watercolour or alcohol markers. I find it very relaxing.
   I used 3 different shades of blue ink and sponged a piece of white cardstock to make the sky. I stamped the flower image twice and coloured both of them as I wanted to pop up the flowers with 3D foam tape. The bird is as watercoloured  and I just tucked him in the flowers. 
   The black and pink paper in behind I embossed with a polka dot embossing folder from Stampin up. I decided not to put any sentiments on the front of the card as I liked it without.  
   For the inside of the card I layered the black and pink paper again and stamped Happy Birthday and Wishing yo Happiness and Sunshine. 
   Well that's all for today and thanks for stopping by!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment