Tuesday 20 May 2014

Happy Birthday!

  Well I hope everyone was able to enjoy the long weekend, I did. Spend time sitting by the campfire roasting marshmallows and making grill-a-dogs with the family and visiting my parents for my step-mother's birthday. I finished my weekend with the Cali parade with my scouting group and working in my flower beds. I must say I'm glad today is a slow day, as my busy weekend wore me out.
  Since it was my step-mom's birthday this past weekend, I will be sharing the card I made for her. I used the same Flourishes stamp as I did for Zach's teacher. I sponged the sunset with 5 different colours of ink this time. I used CTMH  Sunny yellow (retired), creme burlee, sunset, autumn terracotta and goldrush. I used a circle cut from a post it note to mask out the sun. I started by masking out where I wanted the sun to be and sponged the sunset starting with the lightest colour
.
 

    I coloured the flowers with different shades of blue. I stamped several imagines as I popped up the flowers with 3D foam tape. I used the butterfly and sentiment stamp from the same set. I rolled the wings of the butterfly to give them a 3D look but its hard to see that in my picture.
   For the inside of the card I sponged a sunset and stamped the flowers in black along the edge of the sunset and layered it with red paper as I did one the front.
   My step-mother loved the card, mind you she loves all the cards I gave her. She told me she keeps all the card that I make for her and my dad and put them in a special box. I'm so glad that they love them that much!
  Well that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment